BUSINESS TRAVELERS THINK TRAVEL IS A NECESSARY INCONVENIENCE
MarketWatch, The Wall Street Journal | Aug-31-09
Our survey shows:
What Executive Travelers Rate as Worst:
- Herd-like treatment by travel and lodging staff.
- Security systems that are dehumanizing, disrespectful, and embarrassing.
- Steerage-like treatment on airlines, even in first class.
- Angry, abusive and disinterested staff, from limousine drivers to flight attendants.
- Frequent flight cancellations and delays.
What Executive Travelers Rate High on their Lists:
- A concierge service with knowledge of their personal preferences from type of vehicle to class of room.
- Well-coordinated scheduling from chauffeured limousine, private jet to V.I.P. access to events/restaurants.
- A personal steward contact ready to serve their needs at a moment's notice.
- A security detail when traveling in dangerous parts of the world.
"What comes through loud and clear is that an executive traveler isn't asking for high-priced services as much as high touch," says Shawn Abaspour, CEO of Vitesse Worldwide. "This alone can turn the hassle of business travel into a pleasant, safe and productive experience.”